I am an artist working out of the Greater Toronto area seeking working opportunities in the creative industries of graphic novels, animation, and illustration.
Contact email@example.com for the most immediate response to your inquiries!
Skills and Qualifications
- Trained in classical animation, Flash and symbol based animation, and 3D animation
- Exceptional character and creature design skills, as well as replicating likeness (caricature and stylistic)
- Experienced with Photoshop CS5 and above, Flash, Premier, AfterEffects, inDesign
- Limited experience with Toon Boom and Maya
- Highly capable and willing to learn and utilize new software for both Mac and PC
- Works extremely well in team tasks as well as individual assignments
- Excellent time management, can prioritize tasks and meet deadlines amicably.
Bachelor of Applied Arts – Animation (High Honours) 09/2007-04/2011
- Sheridan College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning, Oakville ON.
- “Fair Winds” thesis film (2011)
- “Sun Day” group film (2010) Animation Director
Beeline Interactive (Capcom) 11/2013-02/2014
- Animation and asset design for title Smurfs’ Village mobile gaming title
- Concept design for unreleased titles
Beeline Interactive (Capcom) 04/2012-06/2013
- Animation, asset design, and UI work for multiple mobile gaming titles including Smurfs Village, Monster Hospital, and Ghostbusters
Mad Pirate Productions 11/2011-02/2012
- Preproduction work (story, visdev, character design) for unreleased children’s fantasy show
Freelance Animation (Sheridan College) 08/2011-01/2012
- Client Sheridan College commissioned artwork and animation for smart phone app
- Worked in Illustrator and Flash efficiently and met set deadlines as laid out in contract
Six Point Harness 05/2010-07/2010
- Interned at California animation studio
- Clients included Cartoon Network, Bullseye Barbeque, Make a Film Foundation, and other independent projects
- Projects included character design, Flash animation, pitch development, backgrounds, Flash character rigging, inbetweening, rough character animation
“Where is Home?” Comic and Illustrative Anthology Volume 2 09/2014-08/2015
- Editor of a crowd-funded publication of 35 artists surrounding the theme of “Where is Home?”
- Contributed a 4 page short comic, as well as page design artwork, compilation design through InDesign, and campaign artwork for crowdfunding
- Successfully met crowdfunding goal
Plush Merchandise Design (Valve & WeLoveFine.com) 03/2014-03/2015
- Designed and consulted in the production of plush toy merchandise for Valve’s Team Fortress 2 franchise
- Crafted several prototypes based on in game asset redesigned for plush
“Sherlock Holmes” Exhibit (Canadian National Exhibition) 08/2015-09/2015
- Art exhibit in which the works of Sir Arthur Conan Doyl were celebrated through the lens of fan creations, curated by the CNE
- Had both printed artwork and plush toy creations on display as part of the curated event
Caricature Events 12/2011-12/2015
- Live caricature art done for client Scotiabank for their annual Children’s Holiday Party.
- Draw cartoon likeness of clients on the spot to great success and the satisfaction of many.
“Pop Culture: Let your fandom flag fly!” Exhibit (Canadian National Exhibition) 08/2014-09/2014
- Art exhibit in which segments of pop culture were celebrated through the lens of fan creations, curated by the CNE
- Had both printed artwork, plush toys, and bead artwork on display as part of the 32 artist event
“Where is Home?” Comic and Illustrative Anthology 08/2013-08/2014
- Editor of a crowd-funded publication of 15 artists surrounding the theme of “Where is Home?”
- Contributed a 7 page comic, as well as page design artwork, compilation design through InDesign, and campaign artwork for crowdfunding
- Successfully met crowdfunding goal
T-Shirt Design (Various) 01/2013-06/2014
- Was contracted by various online t-shirt distributors to print my artwork on their products usually in limited time sale events
- Most popular design featured was “Hobbit Road”, parody artwork mashing up Lord of the Rings and the Beatles’ iconic Abbey Road album cover
The following articles and reviews involve my work on Radio Silence:
- Graphic Policy (March 7, 2016)
- Fanboy Comics (March 17th, 2016)
- PopOptiq (March 29, 2016)
- ComicsAlliance (November 4, 2016)
References available upon request.